Increase and glow T-City! Let us get this Thursday begun with all the things you need to have to know likely on right now in Tuscaloosa.
In present day Day-to-day, we have these stories and more …
- Update on Tuscaloosa County’s rental support application.
- Another national championship for T-Town.
- Council Candidates squaring off now.
Initially, today’s weather conditions: Showers, predominantly before 10 p.m. Large 90 | Reduced 73
Below are the major 5 tales in Tuscaloosa right now:
- The College of Alabama Process has introduced strategies to return to one thing resembling normalcy this slide, as new coronavirus hospitalizations are on the rise in Tuscaloosa (Additional on Patch)
- Previous Tuscaloosa Town Council President Cynthia Lee Almond declared her candidacy as a Republican for the lately-vacated Property District 63 seat, earning her the 1st applicant to enter the race. (Much more on Patch)
- Tuscaloosa has another countrywide championship to celebrate following The Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama was named the 2021 Chamber of the Calendar year — the highest honor bestowed by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE). (A lot more on Patch)
- Additional than 500 people today have previously signed up for the Tuscaloosa County Emergency Rental Support System following the on the net application portal went are living a little a lot more than a 7 days in the past. (More on Patch)
- Here is a rapid seem at how the City of Northport programs to invest its $4.8 million allocation from the American Rescue Program, with the listing of jobs authorized previously this week. (Extra on Patch)
Modern Tuscaloosa Day by day is brought to you by our good friends at GoodRx — the most effective way to help save income on your prescriptions. GoodRx allows you locate the lowest charges for prescription drugs at area pharmacies, so you happen to be not overpaying. Performs for pet prescription drugs far too! To see how considerably you can help you save, go to GoodRx.com.
Tuscaloosa Patch Notebook
- One person was wounded and two suspects are now struggling with felony expenses after a police chase in Tuscaloosa resulted in a crash that weakened four autos Wednesday early morning on McFarland Boulevard at its intersection with James I. Harrison Parkway. (Additional on Patch)
- This is your reminder about a virtual candidate discussion board tonight for the distinctive election for Tuscaloosa City Council District 7 (More on Patch)
- Check out these scenes from the Chamber of Commerce of West Alabama’s July Enterprise Right after Hours, hosted at the District Home (Extra)
- Simply click below to see a couple of the noteworthy Tuscaloosa organizations who gained larges sums of funds via the federal Paycheck Protection Application. (Extra on Patch)
- The Tuscaloosa County Commission on Wednesday unanimously authorised $3,000 in discretionary cash for machines for the Lake Watch Fireplace District, together with $3,648.87 for a grant match for the Town of Lake View’s HMGP Outdoor Warning Siren.
- County Commissioners also accredited $2,200 to go toward a new pre-K playground for Brookwood Elementary.
Other stories I’m looking at nowadays …
Now you’re formally in the loop for these days! I will be in your inbox tomorrow with a new update. If you might be loving these newsletters, take into consideration bringing some good friends and neighbors on board. You can send them this backlink to subscribe.
Have a terrific Thursday Tuscaloosa!
— Ryan Phillips
Have a news tip or recommendation on how I can boost Tuscaloosa Patch? Possibly you’re interested in obtaining your small business come to be just one of the latest sponsors for Tuscaloosa Patch? Email all inquiries to me at [email protected]