Excellent morning, OPRF! Welcome to a new edition of the Everyday.
Initially, today’s temperature: Largely cloudy throughout the day, with a significant of 77 and low of 66.
Below are the leading tales in Oak Park-River Forest today:
1. Utility and sewer advancements along Oak Park Avenue are total just after 4 months of get the job done. Resurfacing function will continue by means of November, from North Avenue to Roosevelt Street. (Wednesday Journal)
2. Divers a short while ago inspected and cleaned Oak Park’s 4 h2o reservoirs. The Pioneer Push experiences they “have held up extremely well in their each day containment of drinking water provided by Chicago.” (Oak Leaves)
3. Bicycle theft is on the increase in Oak Park. At minimum 7 bikes and further products were being stolen from residential garages past week. Police are supplying guidelines to enable residents prevent thieves. (Oak Leaves)
4. The Village is employing! Making inspector and shopper provider consultant are among the the 6 open up positions. (Village of Oak Park)
5. Portillo’s has programs to go community. The hot puppy chain with extra than 40 places in Illinois is valuing itself between $2.5 billion and $3 billion, according to the Wall Road Journal. (NBC5)
Modern Oak Park-River Forest Everyday is brought to you by our buddies at GoodRx — the best way to preserve funds on your prescriptions. GoodRx allows you track down the lowest rates for medicines at area pharmacies, so you happen to be not overpaying. Performs for pet remedies way too! To see how significantly you can help save, go to GoodRx.com.
Nowadays in Oak Park-River Forest
- See “The Angry Birds Film 2” for $2 at Lake Theatre. (9:30 a.m.)
- OPPL hosts tale-time in Maple Park. (10 a.m.)
- Understand watercolor fundamentals with the Oak Park Art League‘s summer months course. (10 a.m.)
- Youngsters grades K-4 can make a LEGO farm and zoo with River Forest General public Library. (3:30 p.m.)
- The Oak Park Township Group Mental Health Board, District 97 and DePaul College husband or wife for a speak on mental wellness and engineering. (6 p.m.)
Oak Park-River Forest Patch Notebook
- On this day in 1899, Ernest Miller Hemingway was born. Oak Park’s most well known writer expended the to start with 20 yrs of his lifetime in the village and attended Oak Park and River Forest Large University. He is remembered at the Ernest Hemingway Birthplace Museum. (Hemingway Birthplace)
- Users of the Oak Park Police Office are praising its most current officer, remedy doggy Howie. (Oak Leaves)
- The Olympic Games kick off this weekend in Tokyo after being postponed previous year. Understand about Oak Park’s record at the Olympics with assistance from the OPRF Museum. (OPRF Museum)
- A new community fridge opened in Maywood in the former entrance yard of Black Panther Fred Hampton. (Wednesday Journal)
From our sponsors — many thanks for supporting regional information!
- No cost-Spouse and children Food Giveaway (July 24)
- Cost-free 16 HR IL Concealed Carry Teaching a $200 Worth Indicator Up Now! (July 25)
- Cost-free Family members Mini Photo Session (August 7)
- Jessica Rivera Completes BHHS Chicago Renovate Teaching Application (Facts)
- Now Using the services of Butchers! (Facts)
- Careers: Custodian/Porter positions (Details)
Which is all for right now in Oak Park and River Forest! See you back right here tomorrow for additional news.
Have a news idea or suggestion for an upcoming Oak Park-River Forest Day-to-day? Contact me at [email protected]