Excellent morning, Austin! Guess what day it is? It really is(a.k.a. Wednesday).
I am your Austin Day-to-day host (and editor) Meagan Falcon. As we get as a result of the “hump” of the work week, we are heading to catch you up on present day major tales and what else you can search forward to on this eventful working day.
So, let us get started off.
But to start with, the temperature: On Wednesday, hope humidity all over the working day. Substantial: 94, very low: 77.
Countrywide Weather conditions Support Austin/San Antonio expects some sunny skies in west central Texas and isolated showers and storms across parts of central and east Texas. For more info, visit temperature.gov/ewx.
Here are the best tales in Austin these days:
- A youngster battling COVID-19 died above the weekend marking the 1st boy or girl virus-linked dying in the county since the pandemic begun in 2020. (Austin Patch)
- As coronavirus cases lower throughout the metro, Austin’s health and fitness authority reported it really is critical to keep on being “vigilant.” (KVUE.com)
- Funeral solutions have been established for Austin PD Officer Randolph “Randy” Boyd in Killeen Friday. Boyd, who died of COVID-19 previous week, worked at the department considering that 2014. (KXAN)
- Even though the Austin region has noticed increasing numbers in medical center admissions, Travis County set a record over the weekend for the most patients on ventilators in the course of the pandemic.(Austin-American Statesman)
- Mayor Steve Adler dealt with three crucial subjects in his condition of the metropolis tackle he states are impacted by misinformation: COVID-19, criminal offense rates and homelessness. (Fox7 Austin)
- Austin Pets Alive! needs the community’s assistance to foster much more than 30 cats and kittens who were impacted by Hurricane Ida. (Austin Patch)
Weary of having to pay too considerably for your prescriptions? GoodRx assists you track down the most affordable selling prices for remedies at regional pharmacies. Operates for pet medicines, also! GoodRx also will help deliver the Daily to Austin. Assist our sponsor and see how significantly you can help you save by likely to GoodRx.com.
- KUT Austin: “When a new round of legal guidelines goes into outcome on Wednesday, Texas will formally turn out to be a ‘Second Amendment sanctuary.’ Which is a person piece of a GOP-led effort to limit firearm limitations and broaden gun access in the point out. by way of KERA.” (Fb)
- Austin ISD: “Carrying a mask and social distancing could help you save you from unnecessarily quarantining. For much more data, see our health protocols. #AISDProud https://www.austinisd.org/university student-wellbeing/covid-19” (Fb)
- Austin General public Library: “We are using the services of. Occur work with us! Browse open up positions right here: http://bit.ly/30vN0XW.” (Facebook)
- Austin PBS: “Did you know? Contrary to most other large cats, cheetahs hunt through the daytime.” (Facebook)
- Downtown Austin: “We are recovering from the pandemic pretty properly in accordance to the Austin Chamber, however, it is significant to recall that we are nevertheless in restoration and the pandemic is not over with the delta variant raising instances.” (Facebook)
- Campus Environmental Centre: “Arrive Social gathering with us tomorrow at this year’s Party on the Plaza! Halt by whenever in between noon and 6 p.m., and let us chat about sustainability and how you can get associated with the CEC We appear ahead to seeing you at the POP!” (Facebook)
From our sponsors — many thanks for supporting neighborhood information!
Which is it for right now! See you tomorrow morning for your upcoming update. If you happen to be “vibing” with these newsletters, take into consideration bringing some of your good friends and neighbors together for the ride. You can deliver them this link to subscribe.
Have a great working day y’all.
Your friendly community journalist,
Meagan handles area news for Patch in downtown Austin, Round Rock, Cedar Park, Leander and Pflugerville.
About Meagan: I was born and elevated in Corpus Christi and invested three several years covering breaking news and items to do in South Texas ahead of I moved to the Austin Metro. When I am not reporting the information, I am making the most of a good ebook, tending to my backyard garden and spending time with my pup. I am a green thumb newbie so if y’all have gardening guidelines, I would enjoy some.
Have a information tip or suggestion for an upcoming Austin Every day? E mail me at email@example.com. I motivate all neighbors to comply with me on Twitter @meaganfalcon for stay regional information protection.